Being a person with a disability (PWD) or the parent / guardian of a person with a disability presents many challenges. One of the most significant challenges includes overcoming substantial barriers to establishing financial stability. The purpose of this toolkit is to provide PWDs and parents / guardians with simple, high-quality, easily-accessible information regarding various federal and Nevada specific resources designed to assist PWDs and their family members to more efficiently navigate the process of financial decision making.
The 2017 Children’s Legislative Briefing Book was prepared by the Children’s Advocacy Alliance (CAA) and the Nevada Institute for Children’s Research and Policy (NICRP). We would also like to thank the following organizations throughout Nevada who have made contributions to the briefing book.
- Baby’s Bounty
- Children’s Cabinet
- Children’s Heart Center
- Foster Kinship
- Georgetown University Health Policy Institute Center for Children
- and Families Immunize Nevada
- Nevada Children’s Mental Health Consortia’s
- Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth
- Nevada Teen Health and Safety Coalition
- Southern Nevada Health District
- The University of Nevada Las Vegas Mental and Behavioral Health Coalition